Congratulations new Bruin Transfers! We are excited to celebrate your acceptance to the #1 public university in the nation and look forward to welcoming you to campus in the fall!
Next Steps for Admitted Students…
- Celebrate your accomplishments! Tag @uclatransfers and use #uclatransfer24 to be featured on TSC social media!
- Follow the new student checklist and be aware of important dates and deadlines. Be sure to submit your SIR by June 1, 2022!
- Visit the Bruin Bound website and check out the virtual event schedule.
- Attend events and workshops for transfer students hosted by the TSC.
- Explore the resources and transfer timeline pages on this website to start familiarizing yourself with everything UCLA has to offer and get a head start on planning out your personal transfer journey.
- Follow the TSC on Instagram and join the UCLA Transfer Student Facebook Group to get connected with other bruin transfers!
- Sign up for the TSC Transfer Mentorship program to be paired with a student mentor. Fill out the interest form to be notified when the application is released!
What is the UCLA Transfer Student Center?
The Transfer Student Center (TSC) is UCLA's official transfer resource center. Our mission is to provide students with programming and support services that connect them to the university and empower them to achieve their personal, academic, and professional goals as they progress through their educational journey. We are located at 128 Kerckhoff Hall (first floor). Stop by to say hello and pick up some transfer-specific resources!
A Message from Carina Salazar, TSC Director
Welcome Bruins! I want to congratulate you on being admitted to UCLA! You have earned your place at the top public university in the country due to your hard work, tenacity, and commitment to your education. As a transfer student, you bring a wealth of diverse experiences and perspectives which contribute to the richness of the university. I recognize and value the complexity of your intersectionalities. I am excited about everything you are going to accomplish during your time at UCLA.
Receiving my admission letter from UCLA, was unequivocally, one of the happiest moments of my life. I knew at that time my life would change forever but I had no idea to what degree. As a first generation college student, navigating the university was challenging because everything was so new to me and there weren’t any services or resources specifically for transfer students at the time. As a result, I became actively involved in efforts and initiatives that aimed to build community such as becoming a transfer student peer counselor, talking to prospective Community College students, and speaking to legislators in Sacramento about issues impacting transfer students. It was through the work of transfer student advocacy, transfer allies, and support from Student Affairs leadership that the Transfer Student Center was established in 2009. It is my goal to continue on the mission (as I have throughout my 20+ years at UCLA) to elevate transfer student voices.
While my journey to transfer to UCLA from Los Angeles Pierce College and finish my degree wasn't an easy one, the challenges and successes gave me the tools to change the course of my life. It is because of my transfer experience that I became the first person in my family to graduate from college and the reason I do this work. It is my commitment to you to do everything within my power to provide the support and resources you need to succeed at UCLA and beyond.
It is my honor as the Director of the Transfer Student Center to welcome you to UCLA! I look forward to meeting each and every one of you in person and being part of your journey. Please visit the Transfer Student Center website and connect with us on social media to learn about how the Transfer Student Center can support your UCLA journey and help you achieve your goals and dreams.
Director, Transfer Student Center