The Transfer Student Center is committed to serving the diverse population of transfer students at UCLA and the needs particular to this community. We help students hit the ground running by connecting them to the university system and offering support and the tools they need to achieve their desired goals at UCLA and beyond.
Vision of the UCLA Transfer Student Center
Empower transfer students to successfully achieve their goals and thrive at UCLA, while advancing institutional support for transfer students.
It is the UCLA Transfer Student Center's mission to provide transfer students resources and programming that connects them to the university and supports them so they can achieve their personal, academic, and professional goals as they progress through their educational journey.
Overview of Services
We connect Transfer Students to . . .
Information, referral, and support services that assist students with navigating the UCLA system and building their UCLA network.
Engagement opportunities and a variety of transfer-specific experiences that meet students where they are provide students the space and time to build community and find their niche at UCLA.
- Provided via events, activities, initiatives, a transfer student specific center, one-on-one interactions, office hours, social media outreach, student staff outreach, formal and informal mentoring, collaborations with student organizations, campus partnerships/collaborations, student involvement opportunities, etc.
We support Transfer Students by . . .
- Providing problem solving and guidance through accessible and dedicated professional staff, student program assistants, and other UCLA campus partner.
- Optimizing institutional support systems for transfers.
- Provided via transfer specific initiatives, increased visibility of services and support, continued collaboration, campus resource/support teams, and student self-advocacy
- Providing dedicated space at the Transfer Student Center and the Veterans Resource Center for studying, relaxing, and meeting other students with shared experiences.
- Providing scholarships and financial support.
- Provided via transfer and veteran grants, Economic Crisis Response Team, meal vouchers, etc.
In these pursuits, the Transfer Student Center aspires to connect and support UCLA transfer students in order for them to ACHIEVE Bruin success.